[geeks] Power Supply Replacement for MSI Mega 180

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Feb 4 18:20:41 CST 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Watch out - Dell power supplies have been known to have DIFFERENT
> PINOUTS from normal ATX stuff, to keep people from replacing Dell
> power supplies with generic/whitebox components (e.g., forcing you to
> buy replacement parts from them).

This is very true, but Dell never claimed to use ATX parts.  If
anything, most of their later systems are closer to BTX.  There are,
however, wiring harnesses for adapting normal ATX power supplies for use
in Dell systems, which can be found easily with $searchEngine.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at
Elgin, TX        (   Microsoft."      --Jim Allchin, VP of Platforms