[geeks] 24 inch monitors

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Dec 31 17:22:04 CST 2007

I'm going to get a 24" LCD.

One problem with my current LCD, a Samsung 204B, is that color is
terrible.

I can't afford an IPS LCD panel, so I'm compromising and getting a
nice PVA display, which seems to be a good compromise.

The only two choices I've seen which look like what I want are:

NEC 2470WNX: http://tiniuri.com/f/jlc

...and the Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC: http://tiniuri.com/f/klc

If any of you guys have seen them both, opinions appreciated.

The NEC seems the better deal, since both are right around $700, and
NEC makes a lot of their own ASICs and parts for their LCD, which
supposedly makes them better.

I don't really know, and I'm sure either one is fine, I just thought
I'd ask here in case anyone had some notes on them.