[geeks] compact stereo systems

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Dec 31 15:49:10 CST 2007

On Dec 30, 2007, at 11:00 PM, John Francini wrote:

> How about this:  <http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/
> category.cgi?category=ipod_solutions&item=c1765nbx>
>
> It looks like it might satisfy a lot of what you're looking for.
> Including having decent speakers, RDS display, auxiliary inputs *and*
> an iPod dock, a DVD player that will play MP3 CDs, etc., etc.

Evidently I'm real bad at saying what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.teac.com/consumer_electronics/DR-H300.html

I'm thinking of settling for something like an LG unit, simply because
I can't find the above anywhere I can actually test it.

I'm fairly sure about it, but really prefer to see and touch before
buying whenever possible, plus I'd like to see a few alternatives and
how they stack up.

I like that unit because it is small, simple, and still powerful
enough to do anything I need.

I'm actually thinking of punting, and just dumping everything in my
rack except for the tuner/amp (it's a Teac theater unit), and just use
my iPod for everything.

I would like to get something smaller, but he hassle of locating what
I want is eating too much time right now.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com