[geeks] Fun Topic: What do you carry?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Dec 27 21:28:27 CST 2007

On Dec 24, 2007, at 9:53 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Fun topic for discussion (happy holidays, everyone) - what do you
> folks
> carry around every day, gear-and-gadget wise?
>
> My current "every day carry" pack and minor-emergency bag:

Hmm...my backpack has a bunch of odd miscellaneous in it..

An Axio Swift hardshell backpack with:

A MacBook C2D, 1gb, superdrive, 120gb, power brick but not long cord.

Padded sleeve for said MacBook.

Wacom Bamboo 4x5 tablet. (Recent addition.)

Canon A70 digital camera with 52MM adapter and polarizer/filter.

Compass.

Misc usb cables.

Leather sketchbook - 3 x 5 unruled.

Water purification tablets.

USB media card reader.

iNova 5 LED flashlight - blue leds.

Generic 15 LED flashlight - white leds.

25' tape measure with metric and english markings.

Logitech USB optical mouse.

Misc CDs including one "live" cd for changing Windows local hash
passwords.

Pens, sharpie, lighter, flotsam, jetsam...
My pockets are simple:

Left side front--
1 set of keys for house, storage, spare vehicle keys.

1 set of keys on spring clip for vehicles only.

Left side rear--
The days receipts.

Right side front--
1 set of work keys.

Uniball 207 anti-check-wash pen. (When not in shirt pocket.)

Rotring 500 series mechanical pencil .05 size. (Also when not in
shirt pocket.)

512mb Lexar "steel" thumb drive. (Personal documents only.)

4gb SanDisk steel thumb drive properly formatted to remove the damn
autorun. (Work documents.)

Griffin iTalk for 3rd gen iPods.  (Never leaves my pocket for some
reason but iPod is in coat. WTF?)

And last but not least my Swiss Army Tinker:

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/Swiss_Army_Tinker_p/satinker.htm

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, think with mind uncluttered, act with heart
unchained!