[geeks] FS: D-Link DNS-323 Network Storage

Michael Dombrowski ab1244 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 18:04:24 CST 2007

Well, I bought a DNS-323 hoping it would be the answer
to my storage quest (low-power, small, easy) and the
hardware is almost perfect, but in the end the lack of
customization available was a killer for me so I'm
still looking. As such, it is up for $150 obo shipped,
in like-new condition. If you're interested, I suggest
reading about the unit and only using it if the
supplied firmware is sufficient, trying to hack it in
any way beyond the most simple mod is just not worth
it.

As a side note, what does D-Link gain by not suppling
a dev-kit or at least publishing specs for people to
port OpenWRT? Make it very clear that attempting to do
anything with a non-official firmware will immediately
void your warranty, and what else is there to lose? So
close to being perfect, but not there yet.

let me know,
Mike