[geeks] Cell phones: block incoming calls

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Thu Dec 6 15:01:56 CST 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:13:16 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 08:00:35PM +0000, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > Personally I want a cli-phone :-
> >
> > $ call $(contact-search jones)
>
> You can do that, as in write the software,

I could do that with my existing phone. Or I could if I had a little
bit of time to do so, and less more important things to do than
something that would be little more than a joke!

I've had very little time over the last year to write any code at all
although I'll probably be making the time (I miss it).

> What I would think would be neat is to have a SIP phone switch at
> home/office which your pocket phone would connect through.
> Then it would act like an extension of your home phone.

My home phone is my cell phone. Or possibly my SIP phone (which is
actually the same physical phone). I have never yet plumbed a landline
into a phone line on a permanent basis; apart from anything else it
makes salescritter calls less frequent.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
        It's a bad idea to let third parties generate outbound mail