[geeks] Global Warming questions...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Dec 5 10:28:56 CST 2007

" From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
"
" Phil Stracchino wrote:
" >> this is imho the dirty little secret about current electric and/or
" >> hybrid cars.  i wonder what the recycling impact of all those prius
" >> battery packs will be?
" >
" > Pretty bloody horrible, I'm given to understand.  Can you say "heavy
" > metals"?

lives down to my expectations...

" I understand that they're trying to make Lithium Polymer cells cheap
" enough for automotive use.  In any case, I'll believe it when I see it.

i'd like to be sure they're not likely to catch fire, melt down, or
explode before i put massive stacks of them in my car.