[geeks] Record Streaming Video?

Michael Dombrowski ab1244 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 16:26:09 CST 2007

Hi Everyone,
My school videotapes and streams all the lectures for
our classes and provides a (cumbersome) way to stream
them from the class website. I really would rather
have local copies so I have been downloading the most
important videos with SDP, which works well although
only at real-time speeds: ie, one hour to download a
one hour video. Anyone know of a program that will
enable me to download these at wire speed? These are
some sort of MS asf/asx files.

Thanks
Mike