[geeks] Wal-Mart

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 4 08:52:09 CST 2007

>From: Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at liftport.com>
>Date: 2007/12/03 Mon PM 06:36:03 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Wal-Mart

<snip>

>It's still a retail store but it's not the horror-show y'all are talking
>about either.  Maybe it's an economic thing - if Wal-Mart didn't exist
>we'd be dissing whatever chain would occupy that niche.

I suspect the issue maybe that WalMart sucked up the several chains that would beenin the market, were it not for WalMart driving them out (i.e. Sears, Woolworth, K-Mart, etc.), and once the population were dispersed across several sotres, the problems would not be as noticable.

I don't blame WalMart - they don't encourage the people there to act that way - they have simply, in some markets, become the "Superdome" of retail marketing...

Lionel