[geeks] Wal-Mart

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Dec 3 18:36:03 CST 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>> Date: 2007/11/28 Wed PM 10:09:38 CST
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] Wal-Mart
>
> <snip>
>
>> That's not really what I meant.  What I meant is that I'm willing to pay
>> more for *identical* items if it enables me to avoid going to Wal-Mart.

<snip>
> As for WalMart, I avoid it like the plague, I simply dislike everything about the store (but I think they have the right to offer their form of retail abuse to anyone that is willing to shop there).

All I can say is that my experience with 'Wal-Mart' was 'iffy' when I
lived in Dallas.  The one close to my house 'okay'.  The Mega-Lo-Super
Center in Garland was scruffy.

I moved to Wisconsin and .. I don't see anything that you guys are
talking about.  No screaming kids, the clerks are friendly the stores
are clean, the self-checkout lanes work.

It's still a retail store but it's not the horror-show y'all are talking
about either.  Maybe it's an economic thing - if Wal-Mart didn't exist
we'd be dissing whatever chain would occupy that niche.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod