[geeks] Global Warming causes...

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Dec 3 17:13:40 CST 2007

From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>

> Just once, why don't you all sit down and work out the actual CPU
> power needed to have any kind of accurate mathematical model of Earth
> climate, be simulated?
>
> Then, reflect on the fact that we don't even know enough about the
> Gulf Stream and its effects on climate, to have an accurate
> mathematical model of that, much less the various other streams that
> haven't been studied in depth.
>
> This may lead you to realize that all climate models are in fact,
> nothing better than speculation, and may further lead you to
> "cherchez l'argent" in terms of why governments and certain large
> businesses are so supportive of the global warming movement.

Try hypotheses or theories.  Speculation is better left to the media.
BTW, The Bush administration and "big oil" were not in favor of
the global warming idea and ad campaigns were all over Washington
to convince policy makers that there was nothing to it.

> Hint: GE is "green" because they are the leaders in providing
> powerplant upgrades, including being one of the leading producers of
> wind turbines.  Government bureaucrats love it because it lets them
> have even more control over the economy.  Sierra Clubbers love it
> because it lets them shut down additional development and close off
> huge tracts of land to any people whatsoever.   Etc. etc.

Most oil companies have dabbled in solar and wind power to grab another
part of the energy pie or possibly to stifle development, like GM did
to trolly companies years ago.  Bureaucrats are like flags, they go
which way the wind blows.  The things I have to say about the Sierra
Club are best left off this list. :)

Bob