[geeks] Cell phones: block incoming calls

Mon Dec 3 16:17:24 CST 2007

>>> [...], the supervisor told me that to block incoming calls for
>>> mobile (but not landline) numbers was against federal law,
>> It might help to ask them for a citation for the relevant statute.
> It might not make a difference - the phone company doesn't "owe" him
> the ability to block unwanted callers, they either offer it or not...

True.  But if they're going to be saying "federal law" isntead of "we
don't offer that", either it *is* federal law, in which case I for one
would be very interested in the law in question, or they're pulling
excuses out their arses, in which case they deserve to be called on it
anyway - one thing they definitely *do* owe him, it seems to me, is a
lack of lies.  (Or, I suppose, the person in question was confused, in
which case the question should provoke a clearing-up of confusion.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca