[geeks] Goodbye, I guess

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Aug 30 14:14:32 CDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 02:23:39PM -0400, Hicheal Morton wrote:
> Quite surprising, the apostle Paul was a Jew.

That's not quite correct. Paul was not an apostle. Not in the
sense that he was one of the 12 apostles. He arrived in Jerusalem
long after Jesus's death.

Paul wrote that he never met Jesus nor did he ever heard him speak.
It is believed that he arrived in Jerusalem about 10 years, possibly
more after Jesus' death.

After a "vision" he created his religion on the road to Damascus (from
Jerusalem) mostly from other existing religions; Judaism was barely one
of them. It's based on a total rejection of the basis of Judaism, the
agreement between man and G-D to follow HIS law.

Paul claimed he was given a new agreement, one which happens to be very
different from the old one.

I don't really know or care, I follow the original. Paul's getting a
"new deal" did not release my ancestors from or me from theirs.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838