[geeks] Goodbye, I guess

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Aug 30 00:28:15 CDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:56:24PM -0700, N. Miller wrote:

> We have those folks in the US & Canada as well, they're called
> Mennonites.

When I lived in Philly, our next door neighbors called themselves "city
Mennonites".

They still followed the basic practices of their religion, but they
were not as Wierd Al put it "technologicaly impaired".

There was a reality show on TV here about that. According to the show,
Amish teenagers spend a year in the "outisde world" before they marry to
decide if it's what they want to do. This show put a bunch of Amish
teenagers in a house with a bunch of "normal" teenagers and had them do
things and go places together.

Out of curiosity, I watched the begining of the first show, and then
moved on.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838