[geeks] What's old is new again...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 29 17:00:56 CDT 2007

>From: Dave K <davek08054 at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/08/29 Wed PM 01:25:46 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] What's old is new again...

>Remember back in the Dinosaur Pens when the Memory Cabinets had
>blinking lights to let the System Operator know what was going on
>inside?
>
>Well I just saw an ad for DDR2 memory with "two rows of eight
>"chasing" red and green LEDs atop the memory, circulating at varying
>speeds proportional to usage".
>
>*rolls eyes*

My next machine will have 64 address and 64 data LEDs ont he case, tied to the CPU bus (or I may simply wire them to VCC+ and leace it at that, at 3.06 GHz, I doubt I'll be able to discern a pattern for debugging purposes.

I just can't find a case that will also allow for the required 128 switches to allow me to boot it cold... (maybe I'll rig up a 64 bit-wide paper tape reader ;^)

Lionel