[geeks] Discuss this quote...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Aug 28 10:37:58 CDT 2007

" From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
"
" Lionel Peterson wrote:
" >
" > If I had a *seemingly* infinite amount of money (AKA "LotteryMoney"), what I'd like to do would resemble a significant portion of a public high school:
" >
" >  []
"
" I've often noticed that a disused school would be a good building to own.

there just happens to be a vacant campus up for sale right near me,
the late bradford college.  asking was $10M, now going for highest in
closed bid auction.

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
"
"
" Reminds me of "community garages" that used to be popular a long time ago - you would rent a service bay (maybe with a lift, maybe not), and there was an owner with a well-stocked parts room (all for sale) and tool room (all for rent/loaned). The idea was you could either run a small auto repair business out of the bay, or work on your own cars...

the car talk guys used to run one in cambridge, back in the '70s iirc.
it was sometimes a challenge, supporting customers who didn't know as
much as they thought they did.