[geeks] Discuss this quote...

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 27 13:45:56 CDT 2007

Mike Hebel wrote:
> The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from Bill Bradford
> rolled out in a wad of paper tape...
>> Lack of time.  Lack of space.  Lack of money. 8-)
>>
>> I'm talking "six months apprenticeship working under someone" type stuff.
>
> Ahh!  "Old School" apprenticeships.  Gotcha.
>
> I've often considered doing that with blacksmithing.  I _really_
> considered it highly when I was out of work during the first bubble.

One thing I seriously considered after the tech crash was when I
discovered that, Somewhere On The Oregon Coast, there is a swordsmith
forging Japanese-style swords the traditional way.  However, he never
replied to my question asking whether he takes apprentices.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.