[geeks] Discuss this quote...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Aug 27 12:13:33 CDT 2007

The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from Bill Bradford
rolled out in a wad of paper tape...
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:53:46PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>> "I regularly advocate Mensans to forget about college, take up
>> welding, and thus get the world by the short hairs. If its money
>> that matters in the USA (Randy Newman), a trade is the quickest,
>> most certain, and most independent way to get there. You can read
>> Kant and Nietzsche very well on your own without a Philosophy prof
>> making ludicrous suggestions all the time."
>
> I"ve often said that if I ever win the lottery and no longer have to
> work for a living, I'd love to do some apprenticeships in "trade skills";
> stuff like woodworking, welding, rebuilding car engines, etc.

Why wait?  Start small now.  You'd be surprised at how little it takes to
get started on a trade.  The biggest two are usually time and space _not_
money.

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, Think with mind uncluttered, Act with heart
unchained!