[geeks] IBM to offer Solaris on it's servers...

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Thu Aug 16 22:37:59 CDT 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 22:14, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Just an FYI - it seems that IBM will now sell and offer support
> contracts on Solaris on some of their servers:

That's pretty cool... it'd also be cool if they helped the port of
Solaris to Power(PC), though I doubt that'd be much of a sale-maker
for them.

> This is the first time a third-party would sell Solaris on their
> machines, though I'm not quite sure how this is balanced against
> the free availability of Solaris...

?? I've had SPARC boxes from Tadpole and Integrix, and I thought that
they sold Solaris on them?

Or do you mean the first time a third-party vendor that sells their
own UNIX would sell Solaris on their machines?

  - Micah