[geeks] Newspaper Web Sites

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Thu Aug 16 18:58:33 CDT 2007

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>>> I *hate* *HATE* newspaper websites that are set up with a hard column
>>> width on the screen.
>> s/newspaper//
>
> Indeed.
>
>> If folks can't figure out how to make a layout that scales horizontally,
>> they need to put down the HTML/CSS editor and find a position better
>> suited for their aptitude--like digging ditches.
>
> I bet you they could screw that up too.
>
> Gaah!
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

I imagine they're competent enough - but they've been told 'this is the
way it's done' so they're stuck with it.

I imagine to the people in charge it makes the site look 'more newspapery'.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod