[geeks] Newspaper Web Sites

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Thu Aug 16 15:36:27 CDT 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:05:48 -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> > position better suited for their aptitude--like digging ditches.
>
> I bet you they could screw that up too.

s/could/do/

One of work's biggest network outages was caused by someone who was
told he was digging in the wrong place, carried on and chopped out a
major inter-site cable.

And a few weeks ago BT managed to break a *large* gas main close to
the motorway into Portsmouth, closing it for 48 hours. Being an island
with only two large roads into it, Portsmouth was full of very
frustrated commuters those two days.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
        It's a bad idea to let third parties generate outbound mail