[geeks] ebay

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 16 11:31:41 CDT 2007

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/08/16 Thu AM 11:22:27 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] ebay

>Is it proper for a seller to cancel all bids and end auction early if
>they get an outside offer?  I had a bid in on an item and the seller
>canceled my bid and ended the listing.  I'm a tad miffed.  I was going
>to get a good price.

Cancelling an auction in process is acceptable (to me as a buyer, I'm not familiar with eBay's actual policy). If I, as a seller, made a mistake in posting the listing (forgot reserve, minimum bid too low, etc.), I should have the right to cancel it after the auction starts - shouldn't I? Did this occur in the last hour of the auction or in the middle of the auction?

Lionel