[geeks] BBQ in Greensboro, NC - advice sought

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:00:19 CDT 2007

On 8/12/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello all,

I just saw this, not sure if you are still in the area.

> I find myself heading down to Greensboro, NC for an unhappy reason, and I was hoping to make the trip a little better by trying to find a good BBQ place in the area.

As in Carolina BBQ (hog)?

> I guess my hotel is near the airport in town, but I'm interested in any suggestions from folks on the list.

Good BBQ usually implies going down to Lexington (or at least down to
curley's in Welcome, not too far from the Childress museum). I eat
this stuff at the very most once a year / every other year (instant
artery clogging). Never been to Greensboro for BBQ, but there is a
very good Brazilian in Greensboro: Leblon. They cook all kinds of
meats on the grill on those long sword like skewers.

There are some interesting Taquerias in Winston for lunch, if you speak spanish.

> I first found out Greensboro, NC existed in a pop song [0] about 15 years ago, now I get to vist - ye-haw!

The piedmont triad is a good place for IT. You get paid at least as
well as Raleigh, but the cost of living is cheaper, particularly
winston-salem. Of course that song highlights the racial conflicts
that were prevalent in the 70s. Remember, in 1960:
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/februaryone/sitin.html

Francois