[geeks] SL = game? (Was: Ubuntu partition on Bootcamp Mac?)

Jon Gilbert jjj at io.com
Tue Aug 7 05:03:10 CDT 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 8:34 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> They have a finite set of last names to choose from; it certainly does
> NOT let me name my character "Bill Bradford".  The closest choice
> it has
> is "Bracken", and that's not available.

That's true, though some people have used names like BillBradford
Bracken. Anyway I don't see this as anymore limiting than the fact
that e-mail addresses cannot be your real name either (at the very
least, they have weird characters in them, and usually have a domain
name that is not part of your real name, unless it's some vanity addy
that you're paying extra for).

> "Premium Accounts, starting for as little as $6.00/month, allow you
> to own
> land on which you can build, display your creations, entertain or
> run your
> own business."
>
> Sure, I'll pay REAL money to own VIRTUAL property!  Not.

Webservers and domain names cost money, too. That is also "real"
money for "virtual" property, isn't it? What makes this so different,
to you? Anyway, see the other posts I sent to the list this morning
on this subject.

-
Jon Gilbert
PGP fingerprint: 7FA9 B168 73CA A698 DD9E  2DF2 EE1A 3E73 3119 741F