[geeks] SL = game? (Was: Ubuntu partition on Bootcamp Mac?)

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Aug 7 02:38:20 CDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 12:18:51AM -0700, Jon Gilbert wrote:

> But lets not forget that
> things like AOL and Compuserve were quite successful for a long time,
> until the ubiquity of the web outmoded them.

However, I'd like to point out that mailing lists, where predate the Internet
are still alive and well. :-)

They transcend all of the features/problems of SL, flashy graphics, high
bandwidth and display requirements, real time discussions, etc. For
example, I'm in the middle of this discussion, and I'm 2 hours ahead of
the people in the U.K., 7 head of the east coast of the U.S. and 10
ahead of the ones on the left coast.

I think Walter and I are in the same time zone, along with the person in
South Africa (pardon my forgetting your name).

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838