[geeks] PS/3's, Linux, etc, was: Second Life is not a game?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Aug 1 08:50:45 CDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:37:20AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> The Xeon is a PC, no ?
> > 2. Does the compiler run on X86?
> >
> The Xeon is x86, no?

Does not answer my questions. Second try, hopefully more clearly:

Can I get the same GPU for a PC and will the COMPILER for the GPU run on a PC?

Since the GPU does the work so much faster than an X86 processor,
I asking if I can wrap a PC around it instead of (if you pardon the
expression) a toy?

> If you wanted a Cell for some reason instead I suppose the PS3 would
> be the cheapest option.

I'm not looking for cheap. I am looking for something that will work, be
easily supported and easily serviced.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838