[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 56, Issue 41

Hicheal Morton mh1272 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:48:09 CDT 2007

>William Kirkland wrote:
<snip>
> When you file your taxes, do you claim your income that your avatar
> received in 'Second Life'?

the dems in congress are considering this.
the news reports write that the irs considers the sell/transfer of sl assets
outside-of-the-game to be taxable income.  the same news reports write that
the dems want the sell/transfer of sl assets inside-of-the-game to be
taxable.  no payments in sl$, though--only us greenbacks are accepted.

any simulation is a game; you might get paid for the simulation; you might
not.  it's like football; it's always a game.  you might get paid (think
peyton manning); you might not (like me).

chow!  er, ciao!

hungry hike