[geeks] Wanted: Amiga bits and pieces

Bryan Fullerton fehwalker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:16:32 CDT 2007

On 4/28/07, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> Thanks to Mike Parson, I've got a nice Amiga 2000 on the way.  if anybody
> else has Amiga bits and pieces they'd like to get rid of (I'm going to need
> a mouse for one thing, until I can afford PS/2 keyboard and mouse
> adapters), shoot me an email and we can haggle.

Shoot, I threw out a couple of boxes of Amiga stuff (including 50+
floppies of software) when I moved at the end of last year. :(

> Bill (major Amiga user from '90-93, owned an A3K in '95, then got
> distracted by the light from the Sun and hasn't touched one since..)

I had an A3000T/040 for a while, quite an upgrade from the A2000/020 I
used for most of my Amiga-using days. I bugged my boss at the
Commodore dealer so much about getting a 3000T that  he went and asked
the head of Commodore Canada if they had any at a World of Commodore
show (must've been in early '94?). It turned out they had a demo unit
back at the warehouse they could let me have "cheap" (I think it was
still over $1500)...

When I left the Commodore dealer in late '94 and moved to a startup
ISP I had similar distractions to yours, but with x86 BSD (first BSDi,
then FreeBSD). I lusted after Sun and SGI hardware, but they were
always too expensive to buy for myself.

I still run far more FreeBSD on my own hardware than anything else.

Bryan