[geeks] Race Tracks

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Fri Apr 27 10:55:09 CDT 2007

Michael Parson wrote:
> TDI Beetles are already over here.  Unfortunately their entire website
> seems to be flash based now, and their 'build your own' page doesn't
> seem to let me choose a non-gasoline engine. :-/

All non-truck diesels were dropped for '07 (2007 MY vehicles had strict
new emissions requirements, fuel and emissions technology to meet those
standards weren't available until darn near the 2008 MY).

In particular, there are no 2007 TDI VWs, just an extended production
run of 2006s. I doubt they will show up on their web site.

Many passenger car diesels will be (re-)introduced in '08 or '09.

Jeep Grand Cherokee with a Mercedes common-rail V6
Jeep Commander with the same
VWs with a European common-rail I4 in place of that icky and ancient
direct-injection I4

etc

--

Phil Brutsche