[geeks] Amiga 2000 acelerator card?

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Apr 27 10:44:10 CDT 2007

In message <20070427043039.GK588 at mrbill.net>, you write:
> Anybody have an '020 or '030 accelerator card for an Amiga 2000 lying
> around?

I actually have two.  I'll pack them with it.

One is broken, I don't know how or why, it used to work, then it
stopped.  It plugged into one of the slots on the MB.  I think I had two
megs of RAM in it.  For some reason my network card wouldn't work when
the accel was enabled, so I left it off most of the time (IIRC, it had a
switch you could route to the outside of the case).  The NIC is staying
in my A3000.

The other is a VLX/30 (?). It plugged into the 68000 CPU slot.  This one
didn't have any RAM on it, so some stuff actually ran *slower* on it,
due to how it accessed the main memory.  If you could find the RAM card
for it, things would definately speed up with it.

More closet digging in my future.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org