[geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 26 14:42:26 CDT 2007

Wed, 25 Apr 2007 @ 09:48 -0700, Mike Murphy said:

> I use a cisco 2509 (8 async ports) as console for 4 T105's (2 w/ FreeBSD 6.1,
> 1 Solaris 8, 1 Solaris 10) and as console and LOM for a T1405 (4 processor and

Neat little box.

The only problem I see is finding cabling for them.

The cable bundle costs as much as the unit on ebay, and that gives you
RJ45 which you then have to convert to DB-25.

Still, it is a lot smaller than my Portmaster.

Does it work really well?

The Portmaster... I never was able to get it completely configured now
I wanted. Always seemed to be something that wasn't quite right in the
serial connections. Worked well enough to get work done, but only as a
console.

--
shannon           | I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time,