[geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 24 13:50:38 CDT 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/04/24 Tue PM 01:32:36 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

>Tue, 24 Apr 2007 @ 10:06 -0400, Andy Wallis said:
>
>> "Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote"
>> #Now that the DEC is finally dead, I might as
>> #well consider the possibility of getting something better.
>> #Recommendations appreciated.
>> Vecmar.com sells 3rd party VTs for  $200 and used IBM 3151s for about the same
>> price. I can't vouch for them myself. Has abyone used then before?
>
>My terminal budget is about $30... :)

I think shipping costs may require that number to go up a bit, but I found this - no exp. with the seller, and they are used, not refurbished (which I read as near new condition):

http://www.new2u.us/merchant.mvc?

Several brands, plenty around your price point, but S/H may be high...

Also, I've had good luck picking up serial terminals at Ham Fests, typically $5/10 each...

Lionel