[geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 23 20:10:19 CDT 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/04/23 Mon PM 01:33:21 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

<snip>

>Now that the DEC is finally dead, I might as well consider the
>possibility of getting something better.

What about the terminal from DEC that used a VGA monitor and a PS/2 keyboard? I'veliked those - they support color, the tubes can be easily replaced, and look like a Multia (that isn't the VT 525, is it?)... One quick Google later "Never Mind"...

>I think it was Sridhar who mentioned IBM terminals were nicer, and I am
>thinking maybe something that can do multiple sessions would be nice.

I've seen some nice HP terminals as well - straight ASCII terminals, not sure of the quality of VT emulation...

Lionel