[geeks] Race Tracks

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 22 14:03:32 CDT 2007

>From: der Mouse <mouse at Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
>Date: 2007/04/21 Sat PM 11:14:40 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Race Tracks

>>> Wow, that's seriously messed up.  What are they thinking?  Do they
>>> really intend murder?
>> And unfortunately, the law sides with the truckers, because it's
>> illegal to lane-split.
>
>Say WHAT?
>
>You're telling me that it's acceptable to deliberately cause a critical
>and quite likely fatal traffic accident just because one of the
>vehicles involved happens to be guilty of a particular moving
>violation?

No, I suspect that it is so hard to prove *intent* that unless the trucker said out loud "watch this!" to someone else in the cab, and then after the police arrive the passenger tells the police it was intentional, then the police can act.

ALl the truck would have to say (I suspect) is that he was using his downtime to perform a "safety inspection" of the load while he was stuck in traffic...

Lionel