[geeks] Race Tracks

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sun Apr 22 13:30:31 CDT 2007

On 22/04/2007, at 20:30, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Oh, yes, I've seen people lane split with cars.

I've had it done to me, on my bike.  I was sitting at a stoplight
(behind a car, as it happens), and slightly off to the right side of
the lane instead of centered.  A woman in a tiny little Fiat or
SUbaru or something figured there was enough room and pulled in next
to me.  For some reason my left foot was turned out perpendicular to
my bike rather than parallel, and she pulled right *ONTO* my foot and
stopped.  Her windows were closed so she couldn't hear me yelling,
and ignored me banging on her car, probably figuring I was upset, but
wasn't going to respond.

When she finally rolled off my foot, I pulled over to the curb and
was going to park and give her hell (Traffic was really bad in all
directions, with construction in the busiest intersection in the
city) after she turned the corner.  I couldn't though.  As soon as I
got off my bike she smashed into a truck and totaled her car.  I know
it was wrong of me, but I just stood there laughing.  Happily my foot
was fine.

---sambo