[geeks] Race Tracks

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 00:14:45 CDT 2007

der Mouse wrote:
>>> Wow, that's seriously messed up.  What are they thinking?  Do they
>>> really intend murder?
>> And unfortunately, the law sides with the truckers, because it's
>> illegal to lane-split.
>
> Say WHAT?
>
> You're telling me that it's acceptable to deliberately cause a critical
> and quite likely fatal traffic accident just because one of the
> vehicles involved happens to be guilty of a particular moving
> violation?

More like people say, "I didn't see him coming, officer."  It's still
very much illegal to intentionally assault someone with your door.

Whereas, if it weren't illegal to lane-split, they would be more likely
to investigate whether the door-opener was acting with malice or depravity.

Peace...  Sridhar