[geeks] Race Tracks

Thu Apr 19 13:59:26 CDT 2007

> from all i've heard, it's -extremely- difficult to actually get the
> mileage they claim for [the Prius] - and the benefits are only in
> stop-and-go anyway, not highway cruising.

I thought there was a benefit even for highway use in that the engine
can always run right at its efficiency sweet spot, instead of wobbling
around above and below that depending on gear and speed.

Whether that actually makes enough difference to really make a
difference, so to speak, is another question. :)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca