[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 18 20:12:53 CDT 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/04/18 Wed PM 05:49:00 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

>Fri, 13 Apr 2007 @ 13:30 -0700, Nadine said:
>
>> On 4/12/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
>> > The funny thing in my case is that despite my long-term interest with
>> > technology, I never got a college degree in it (well, I'm working on one now
>> > ;^) - my associates and bachelors degrees are in Humanities.
>>
>> Ditto, but English.  I put down my success in tech to being able to
>> research, solve problems, and communicate well
>
>That's good.
>
>Of course, isn't that supposed to be the base requirements of all
>applied science degrees?

Yes, but I remember the "literature" class I took at Stevens in Hoboken - the instructor would have been considered poor, even at a community college - to say that there was limited focus on humanities would be an understatement...

Even drafting class was a joke - an hour and a half, every other week, alternating with Computer Programming (Fortran)...

Lionel