[geeks] Race Tracks

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Apr 17 20:15:32 CDT 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 5:32 PM, Joost van de Griek wrote:

> Not exactly near New York, but the famous Nuerburgring does allow
> public
> access. Officially, it's a "private one-way toll road". 50 fatalities
> per
> annum on average. Those wacky Germans...

I once worked for a company that had bought up the German engineering
talent.

I was excited to go over there and do some English language docs, even
though it was November (crappy weather), because the founder of the
acquired company had a loaded M3 that he had customized and took to
Nuerburgring; and he was the one that was going to pick me up at the
airport...

Imagine my disappointment when I was informed that his M3 was in the
shop, and he was using his girlfriend's car.

A Suzuki Tracker that could barely do 70mph downhill with a following
wind.

What was normally a 45 minute commute for him, took over 2 hours.

--Patrick