[geeks] Vonage alternative?

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Tue Apr 17 07:50:59 CDT 2007

> I don't know your experience, but paying $25 USD a month for
> unlimited calling to US, Canada, Spain, etc. is a pretty good deal.

Here in rural America, where CLECs dare not tread, phone lines cost
$45.00 per month just for the copper. Every phone call is additional. I
can add a 3rd party toll service like AT&T Long Distance, and they can
cover my in-state long distance. But the cost of a phone number is
crazy. I'd have 2 or 3 lines if they were cheaper. Instead I suffer with
Vonage plus one copper line.