[geeks] Vonage alternative?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Apr 17 07:31:41 CDT 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> It certainly has not panned out to be the big savings everyone thought
> it
> would.

I don't know your experience, but paying $25 USD a month for unlimited
calling to US, Canada, Spain, etc. is a pretty good deal.

Maybe you never experienced it, but there are times not too long ago
when you paid $0.20 (20 cents) per minute to call from one part of the
state to another part of the same state.

Since business lines in the USA were more expensive, it makes sense
that businesses are the ones that will benefit the most from the cost
savings.

In PA, a business line without long distance is close to $40 a month.
I assisted one client in getting set up with Cisco 7960s etc. and it
was still cheaper than using landlines overall, plus they get free
calling between offices.

When the new round of services come out, prices will drop further.

--Patrick