[geeks] Retro encabulator part 2.

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 16 15:40:38 CDT 2007

wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
>> While looking for the retro encabulator video on You Tube, I found the
>> following from Chrysler:
>>
>> 	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbVY5teBzlg&mode=related&search=
>>
>> Stay with it, the ending is great.
>>
>> Geoff.
>
> Reminds me when I worked for Radio Shack decades ago, there was a training
> tape that went around in response to training tapes that came out of
> Fort Worth.  It was a hoot.  Now if I could only capture that video..

We did things like that in college, writing manuals and computer science
papers that were... not quite factual.

Sometimes we didn't make them absurd enough and people fell for it.

A professor would come around after awhile: "Um... we need to talk."

It continued into work.  I used to write manuals for new workers on how to
deal with the company.  They were like medieval satire... just dodgy enough
that I didn't get fired, but still served as a useful warning to newbies.

Of course, there were the venomous ones that we kept private.

--
shannon / 4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820 2056 2054 434d 2048
-------'  4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53