[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Apr 15 14:37:30 CDT 2007

Sun, 15 Apr 2007 @ 16:57 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:

> We had an English teacher like that in my school.  Even parents would write
> letters requesting (demanding) that their child be allowed to switch teachers.
> He would not allow it.  Yet, when these students (who hated him) went to
> college, they would come back and thank him.  Becasue of him they would
> ace freshman English.  He got tired of fighting with administration and
> retired.  Stangely enough, his replacement is much like him (a little
> calmer)....a former student. :)

That reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode, where the ghosts of students
who died in service of their country or otherwise working as productive
citizens came back to pay their respects to an old English professor.

It's one of the best episodes of the series.

--
shannon          | If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.