[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sun Apr 15 12:52:27 CDT 2007

> Exactly - problem is, schools won't get sued for ignoring those with special
> abilities, but they WILL get sued for ignoring those with special needs.
>
> There are no absolutes, and every school district is different, but this is the
> problem I hear most - special needs parents are very aggressive (and they
> certainly should be), but sometimes at the expense of other students...
>
> Lionel

What gets me is that in my district, "special needs" teachers get more money.
I my building, the hearing impaired teacher (really nice guy too) has five
students ALL DAY!  I have 143.  He gets a few hundred more than I do per
year.  I teach in a magnet school.  Go figure.  (At least my district
has a magnet school,  my home town does not.)

Bob