[geeks] Bladerunner was: New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

David Muran-de Assereto dmuran at 'tuad.org'
Sat Apr 14 17:29:34 CDT 2007

On Apr 14, 2007, at 12:13 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>>> But what was the author's opinion? 8)
>>
>> See above.
>
> But Gibson didn't write it.  "Blade Runner" was based on Philip K.
> Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

IIRC, Phil Dick was not involved in the original screenplay, but was
brought in later, shortly before he died. According to some accounts,
he was pleased with the film's atmosphere and special effects.

One of my favorite movies, BTW.

Dave