[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Apr 13 15:35:48 CDT 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:14:47 -0400 (EDT), Sandwich Maker wrote:
> and, ironically, brits who decry american slang while lacing their
> speech with words the doughboys left behind.

Fortunately English is democratic, so the great unwashed can ignore the
'educated' and enrich the language by doing as they have always
done ... using words they shouldn't :)

As long as I can carry on spelling it 'colour', I don't care. In my
first few years at school I was told it was spelt 'colour' for two
years, 'color' for another two year, and then 'colour' again. I ended
up being so confused that I tried logical spellings :)

As long as American English and British English don't get too close ...
there's too much possibility for humour in the differences. The English
went to a film called "Shag" expecting a hard-core porn film (well ...
not really, but it does get the point across).

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Most politicians think that "ethics" is a county in the south of