[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:01:12 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Speaking of easy credits, it was interesting how many local parents
> were up in arms over the possible loss of Auto and Wood Shop classes
> at the local high school... I think many of their "AP" class-taking
> wunder-kids are really interested in learning towork a lathe or
> rebuild an engine so much as they want a homework-free class where
> they can get an easy "A"? The parents think their kids are
> "passionate" about woodwork and/or small engine outo repair...

Hey!  I was an AP-Honors student who took wood shop because I was
passionate about it!  I learned quite a bit too, and nowadays making
furniture is something I enjoy.

There were indeed quite a few slackers in that class, but don't count
out the approximately 25% of those classes that are in it to learn the
basics of the craft.

Peace...  Sridhar