[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Apr 13 11:23:32 CDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 11:32:15AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> > Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons", perhaps?
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons
> Amazing! That story is from 1951, which means that you must have
> slogged through a lot of scifi, covering over 40 years of output... you
> must also be the expert on Sturgeon's Law as well.

Actually it was just semi-fresh in my mind because of the tie-in with
Judge's "Idiocracy" movie recently.

Speaking of sci-fi, I picked up Gibson's "Sprawl Trilogy" again last
weekend ("Neuromancer", "Count Zero", "Mona Lisa Overdrive") and re-read
them.  I think they're even better now than they were when I first read
them in the late 80s.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford