[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Thu Apr 12 13:04:59 CDT 2007

>> It scares me that you can graduate now with a comp-sci degree,
>> without ever having done any system programming.
> You can graduate with a BS in Computer Science from a *reputable*
> school nowadays, having *never programmed a single line of code*.

Nothing wrong with that.  Computer science has about as much to do with
programming as knowing the chemistry of combustion does with building
an internal combustion engine.

The real problem - to the extent that there is one - is people
confusing computer science with programming, designing software
systems, and/or sysadminning.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca