[geeks] Debian 4.0 Bittorrent for DVD

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Apr 11 13:48:56 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:34:28AM -0700, velociraptor wrote:
> If someone would just make a decent Torrent client for the Mac or for
> Linux (e.g. on par w/uTorrent), I'd be happier.  Azureus is a lot
> better than it used to be but is still relatively piggish and has no
> schedule-based bandwidth management like uTorrent.

I use torrentflux. It's a fancy GUI front end, which runs under Apache.

It does not have schedule based bandwidth, but it does have a scheduler.

You set a maximum number of torrents and it queues the rest.

I prefer to download the things I can from a local mirror. At 3am,
I get 400k bytes per second, I have never seen more than 160 on a
torrent.

In my case, longevity and error recovery are far more important than
speed. I often download things that take as long as 20 days.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838